Costain helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
For more information visit www.costain.com
East Sussex Highways is a joint venture between Costain and Jacobs which brings together all aspects of highway maintenance, such as roads, pavements, drainage, street lights, traffic signals, winter maintenance and highway structures such as bridges and retaining walls. These are all managed by this Joint Venture and sub-contractors working collaboratively with East Sussex county council to deliver the service.
Key Tasks and Accountablities
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
· 3 GCSEs pass at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English
· NVQ in Customer Service or other relevant subject.
· Significant experience which you can clearly demonstrate in a customer focused environment
· Contact centre experience
· Knowledge of Highway matters
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent listening and communications skills via all channels (telephone, letter, email, in person)
· Good IT skills including word processing and recording information while on the phone
· Able to handle demanding customers
· Able to convey information clearly and succinctly
· Good telephone manner
· Time Management
· Organisational skills
· Accuracy/attention to detail
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Work in a team to deliver the service
· Constructively engage with people from all levels of East Sussex Highways to improve the service
· Previous good attendance Calm and patient under pressure
· Polite and patient attitude
· Ability to adapt positively to change
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Flexible approach to work
We listened to our employees so our Core Benefits are funded by us and include a Group Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance, Income Protection and funded membership to a Professional Institute. In addition to this we also offer a Private Healthcare Scheme, Private Dental Scheme, Cycle to Work, Volunteering Days and Save as You Earn Scheme.
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
We actively encourage applications from candidates who have a relationship with the armed forces community whether as a currently serving member or reservist, ex-military or wounded personnel or as a member of a service family.