Costain helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
Costain supports Energy Nuclear Generation to maximise the lifespan of its eight UK nuclear power stations. Costain's role is to provide project controls and commercial managed services to portfolios and programmes of work across all of EDF's eight UK nuclear power stations. As part of this work Costain will develop people capability in core project control skills and provide specialist support to EDFs Central Technical Organisation to improve project performance and deliver cost efficiencies.
The Cost Engineer is responsible for providing cost management support to the EDF Energy Nuclear Generation work portfolio and will monitor, control and forecast the costs during the Project lifecycle.
Relevant experience in Project Controls and/or Project Delivery, preferably in a highly regulated environment. Evidence of strong engineering background, ideally within a safety/regulated environment
• Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in a cost related discipline or relevant experience.
• MACostE desirable.
• Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle. (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes).
• Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
• High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent MS Office skills and well versed in the preparation of reports and information using
packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Exhibits a strong awareness of the level of interaction required with the project team function to
support the successful delivery of projects.
• The ability to reconcile cost information as it applies to the programmes of work.
• Proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
• Proficient in the use of Earned Value Analysis.
• Self motivated with good interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
• Good attention to detail with good time management skills.
• Excellent communication and presentational skills.
• Able to use initiative.
• Ability to work flexibly within the demands of the project.
We listened to our employees so our Core Benefits are funded by us and include a Group Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance, Income Protection and funded membership to a Professional Institute. In addition to this we also offer a Private Healthcare Scheme, Private Dental Scheme, Cycle to Work, Volunteering Days and Save as You Earn Scheme.
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
We actively encourage applications from candidates who have a relationship with the armed forces community whether as a currently serving member or reservist, ex-military or wounded personnel or as a member of a service family.