Costain helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
Costain supports Energy Nuclear Generation to maximise the lifespan of its eight UK nuclear power stations. Costain's role is to provide project controls and commercial managed services to portfolios and programmes of work across all of EDF's eight UK nuclear power stations. As part of this work Costain will develop people capability in core project control skills and provide specialist support to EDFs Central Technical Organisation to improve project performance and deliver cost efficiencies.
The Primavera Administrator is part of the Primavera Business Support Team within the CTO Programme Office Infrastructure Group. The role delivers support services and infrastructure maintenance for users of Primavera (P6), including monthly & ad-hoc reporting, maintaining overall system integrity, daily operationsand development activities. In addition to this, maintaining processes, tools and ensuring compliance with EDF Nuclear Generation policies and standards through stakeholder engagement, change control and ad-hoc activities will be key requirements of the position.
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes
General administration and support to users, within specified Service Level Agreements.
• New user / licence administration, including procuring licences, new starters & leavers.
• Maintain / Support database environments & Infrastructure.
• Maintain a broad library of Primavera training material and supply documentation/training database environments as requested.
• Monitor performance issues and take appropriate steps to ensure system availability is in line with Service Level Agreements and user expectations.
• Roll-out service packs and upgrades as appropriate, taking into consideration any local software that may require testing to ensure compatibility.
• Adhere to any change control processes regarding schedules, baselines and milestones. Ensure Planners are following EDF Energy Nuclear Generation policies and standards by supplying audit reports to the relevant CTO Programme Office Group Heads.
• Deal with general queries on the above.
• Provide cover for others in the department as and when required and where appropriate.
• Act as point of contact for CTO Programme Office related queries when necessary.
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent MS Office skills and working knowledge of databases/data warehouses.
• High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills, including use of appropriate IT tools.
• Ability to work well with stakeholders both inside and outside of the immediate team.
• Ability to use own initiative and resolving problems in a timely manner.
• Project management skills, focussed particularly on delivering business change.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• P102 Primavera P6 Professional Fundamentals qualification essential
• P106- P Primavera P6 Professional Advanced qualification essential.
• P106-A Primavera P6 Application Administration qualification essential.
• Expert in use of MS Excel, Access. Experience with Business Objects and SharePoint, Oracle / SQL
• Knowledge of SAP, IMS, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing & Workflow solution
development/operation highly desirable.
We listened to our employees so our Core Benefits are funded by us and include a Group Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance, Income Protection and funded membership to a Professional Institute. In addition to this we also offer a Private Healthcare Scheme, Private Dental Scheme, Cycle to Work, Volunteering Days and Save as You Earn Scheme.
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
We actively encourage applications from candidates who have a relationship with the armed forces community whether as a currently serving member or reservist, ex-military or wounded personnel or as a member of a service family.