Costain helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
We're looking for junior GIS Analysts/Developers to join our team of bright professionals. From your first day, you'll join a community of experts, where everyone is supported and mentored in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
Your workload will be varied, challenging and may include all elements of GIS, while working on projects of global and national importance supporting our Consultancy Capability.
You will have the opportunity to work with the full suite of ESRI's ArcGIS tools, FME, Open Source products and other key data management, manipulation and visualisation software. You will have the opportunity to develop your core GIS and supporting skills including web, server and development skills.
We're looking for candidates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how.
If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the GIS sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
· Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant subject such as Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Data Science or Software Development
· Strong technical expertise and a sound understanding of database management, programming, development, web and visualisation work
· Proven academic experience of utilising and deploying data solutions
· Hold or having the ability to obtain Security Clearance
· Experience in integrating systems and building software customisations to make spatial and non-spatial data analysis more easily accessible
· Experience in the visualisation and analysis of complex and large data sets
The successful candidate must have a full, clean driving license and be legally able to work in the UK. The candidate must be willing to travel to contracts and/or customers as required with occasional work away from home.
We listened to our employees so our Core Benefits are funded by us and include a Group Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance, Income Protection and funded membership to a Professional Institute. In addition to this we also offer a Private Healthcare Scheme, Private Dental Scheme, Cycle to Work, Volunteering Days and Save as You Earn Scheme.
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
We actively encourage applications from candidates who have a relationship with the armed forces community whether as a currently serving member or reservist, ex-military or wounded personnel or as a member of a service family.