Costain helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager; this an exciting opportunity for an Internal Auditor to join the business at a time when Costain is transforming and evolving.
As part of the Audit and Risk team, Internal Audit strive to be the trusted advisors to our leaders so our business continues to deliver excellence as we execute our Leading Edge strategy. As the business transforms Internal Audit must do so also; the post holder will support the transformation of Internal Audit activity to ensure we continue to protect and create future value and deliver insight.
- Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager and working alongside one other Internal Auditor
- Undertaking risk-based audits at Costain locations across the UK with circa 25-30% travel
- Pre-audit planning, risk assessment and scoping, with including drafting of Terms of Reference
- Carry out audit fieldwork; understand and document business processes, noting any issues or control deficiencies.
- Presentation of internal audit findings to local management and agreeing suitable recommendations with target dates
- Drafting clear, concise and insightful audit reports for review by Internal Audit Manager and Head of Audit and Risk.
- Assist the Audit Manager in developing the audit response to increasing robotics in use in the business.
- Develop innovative ways to use data to carry out audit work and assist with reporting.
- Supporting the application of best practice across the Group by sharing knowledge and process information.
- Establish, maintain and develop stakeholder relationships across the business.- Undertaking ad-hoc reviews or investigations
- Demonstrable knowledge of auditing standards and procedures.
- Exposure to, and broad understanding, of operational and financial systems, processes, risks and controls.
- Keen interest or use of new analysis and auditing techniques e.g. data analytics and robotics.
- Be resilient, self-motivated and accomplished at forming relationships and influencing people at all levels in the company.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Be able to demonstrate sound judgement and objectivity. Not being afraid to deliver the difficult messages.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent. Professional Accountancy or Internal Audit qualification desireable.- Experience of using Teammate is desirable.
We listened to our employees so our Core Benefits are funded by us and include a Group Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance, Income Protection and funded membership to a Professional Institute. In addition to this we also offer a Private Healthcare Scheme, Private Dental Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Volunteering Days and Save as You Earn Scheme.
At Costain we ensure that we are an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
We actively encourage applications from candidates who have a relationship with the armed forces community whether as a currently serving member or reservist, ex-military or wounded personnel or as a member of a service family.